Thursday 23 February 2012

Youversion...

As I mentioned in earlier posts..I've been struggling to find some time to put aside and spend with God. Tonight, I'm home alone with Delilah while Matt is at work and I have been so afraid! I absolutely hate being home alone, with a passion! I hear little noises and see imaginary things then my mind goes off on tangents expecting the worst! So, as I was sitting here in our bedroom, finally putting Delilah down to sleep..I thought I might take a moment to read the word. I didn't have a bible close at hand (I don't want to leave my room!!!) so on the iPad I've just downloaded the YouVersion bible app! It's fantastic! It has reading plans and devotionals, you can listen to live sermons and so much more! Such a great tool and so handy to have!

I am currently following a Joyce Meyer 14 day devotional titled "the confident woman"...just what I need in my life right now...confidence!! The first devotion was fantastic and hit me straight in the heart. It talks about believing in yourself and seeing yourself as a worthy woman of God. He believes in us so we should believe in ourselves and be amazed at the things he has in store for us! He calls us not only to ask for things we need, but to have thus faith to receive them and accept them as given!

The bible verse for this devotional was Isaiah 43:4-5 (In YouVersion you can also chose from a range of translations to read your verses in).I particulary loved the message translation of this verse which is:

That's how much you mean to me! That's how much I love you! I'd sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you. "So don't be afraid: I'm with you. I'll round up all your scattered children, pull them in from east and west.

He loves us SO much he would do anything to have his children come back to him! We are that precious in his sight he would trade the world for us! Sometimes it takes time to really grasp the magnitude of Gods love for us...he doesn't see us as tiny little ants that he put on the earth just for his amusement! He loves us, wholeheartedly, and wants the best for us! He has an individualized plan for each of our lives which he is waiting patiently for us to discover..through him!! What are we waiting for?

And lastly, the end of the verse where he says, "So don't be afraid: I'm with you"...ahh...thank you Lord! I am claiming that truth right now to give me peace to get through this night!

Much love everyone


No comments:

Post a Comment