Sunday 14 June 2015

What is your purpose?



So many things in life are uncertain...do you know what your purpose is?

DD1, whilst getting ready for bed tonight said to me, out of nowhere: "why did God make me, mum?". It really threw me for a second! I mean, I know we are all put on this earth for a reason, and sometimes we never get to discover what that is for a long time (or at all!). But when she asked me, I was just blown away that a 3.5 year old could question her existence so soon!

The way I answered was a little shaky, but I said that I believed God made us all because he loves us, and he wants us to enjoy this beautiful world he has made. And he has given us gifts and talents to help others in this world find joy and inevitably, find Him and His peace.

She didn't query any more, but it got me thinking tonight. What on earth is my purpose? Hence, the name of my blog! I still DO NOT KNOW what my calling is!



I was never a real academic at school. I did well, mainly Bs and a few As and some Cs too. I loved English and Human Biology and did really well with languages (Indonesian and French) - although, I can't remember any of those languages now! 


My main passion was Calisthenics - I loved pouring my heart and soul into performing on stage. I had to work hard for it though. I always did well but never really excelled at that either (well, never reached my dreams of going to nationals - came very close though, aka missed out by one place!)


Then, after school I started studying Psychology, with a hope to move onto Occupational Therapy. But I only scraped through that first year and didn't really enjoy it. I took a break to travel with the family then ended up just in the workforce. I worked at a bakery, Kmart, a building company, then onto a law firm and worked my way up to a legal secretary position. I was a great worker, fast, a perfectionist. But I still had no idea what I wanted to do with my life!

I started studying a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education which I actually excelled at with high distinctions in all subjects. Then, I fell pregnant with DD1. I was in my second year and put it on hold. I never went back.


I then dabbled in making some headbands and accessories for girls whilst being a stay at home mum. I enjoyed doing it, but again, it wasn't for me. And now I've done my makeup course and am practicing makeup artistry but I still feel as though I'm made for something more.


I have absolutely no idea what my purpose or calling is. I've tried to find it, believe me I have. But sometimes I feel God is just looking at me, shaking his head and saying "oh, when will she just learn to pass the reigns over to me!?"

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

He knows. He knows!

One of these days I'll learn! See, this is why I love writing blogs, I'm learning more about myself the more I write! I'm practicing while I'm preaching, y'all!! 

So, what I'm saying is...it's ok to not have it altogether. It's ok to be in limbo. Limbo land is cool. You can try all sorts of fun things (just watch that budget though!). But in all seriousness, just keep being you. 

There is a plan and purpose for your life...it's already happening while you think your just trying to figure it out!!! Who knows what opportunity lies behind tomorrow's door! By simply living your life as you do/ in its simplicity, day in and out- you may be one step closer to unveiling your purpose!


So for now. I'll just stay right here, in this place called mum land, where I build Lego towers in the crazy countdown before bedtime, and let my kids practice doing makeup on me to pass slow moments in the day. I'll dance around the house to The Gigglemobile and Ill practice faith in knowing that by simply being myself and sharing my stories with others, it might be helping someone else achieve their purpose too.



Xxx



3 comments:

  1. hahaha your girls did a fabulous job with your makeup xx
    I didn't know a lot of that stuff - I guess I don't really know you all that well yet! I hope we can get to know each other better - cause I like you ;)
    I wonder what my purpose is too - I have never had a great urge to do any one thing in particular, I didn't want to go to Uni, I did vet nursing for a number of years as I could not think of anything else I wanted to do. I can not stand desk jobs, I have a short attention span and get bored quickly and feel the need to have 'active' jobs. I've had more jobs than someone my age should have. Lets see - I worked at McDonalds, then went into vet nursing for 7 years or so on and off, worked in night fill, bottle shop, cleaning at resorts, cleaner on mine sites in Karratha, worked at Brumbies bakeries, worked underground as a Geologist technician, teacher Assistant, personal trainer, hmm I know there is more but I can not think of them all, that's crazy huh. I am finding most joy right now though in being a mum and a homebody, maybe my calling is that and to support my husband and be his business partner in life! Maybe I am just really actually very lazy, haha
    Love you and miss you guys. I really hope Karratha is treating you all well and you are enjoying it heaps.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jeh! A girl after my own heart!! Hehe I also worked at McDonalds (whilst still in school!), and a Calisthenics coach. I've entertained thoughts of studying midwifery or nursing and an education assistant. So many things! But the essence of them all is that I like helping people!
      I'm so glad your finding joy and peace being a mum as you are an amazing one! But I know you have many talents and passions aside from that too- and that's important too I think! Love and miss you loads xxx

      Delete
  2. oh yeh I also worked at Curves before I became a PT and I managed a bodybuilding supplement store for a little while too... still more - I know... /:-/

    ReplyDelete