Thursday 8 May 2014

It doesnt have to be so hard...


Sometimes life can just be so confusing, cant it? If its not overwhelming, with stress, anxiety, illness and uncertainty, its underwhelming, with the mundane things of a simple day to day existence.

The last few months for me have been a little of both.  It has been so hard to find a happy medium - a place where i am simply content. The days, weeks and months were just flying by and sometimes i didnt even know what my purpose was anymore. I know God has big things in store for me- I claim that - he just hasnt yet revealed them to me. But, in all honesty, i havent actively been seeking His purpose either. 

Sometimes i can get so caught up in the stresses of my life- trying to juggle it all in my own: being a good wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend - everyone wants a piece of me!!!  I have not liked the person i have become during this time. I was miserable, defeated, feeling like the worst mother in the world. I resented having to get up in the morning to face another day of tears, tantrums and sickness!!! Then, eventually (and sometimes this takes months!!) i remember - God is a good God and He asks us to lean on Him, seek Him, trust Him and ask him for help and guidance. Then i feel utterly ashamed at my stupidity - He must be sitting up there shaking his head thinking, "when will she learn life is meant to be enjoyed, not loathed- come to Me!!"

But you know what? When i does click and i do actually remember to trust in him- and to remember that he has a bigger purpose for all the little things in my life...that is when i feel the most content. Suddenly i become a new person!!! Calm, collected, patient, understanding. That is when i am a fun mum, a loving wife, a present daughter and an understanding sister and friend. He gives me the grace to keep on going and the patience to take each day one step at a time.

There is no need to live an anxious, stress-filled life. God wants us to be at peace so we can live to our full potential in Him - to live out the awesome life He has planned for us!! 

And the best part???.......Did you know he has one written specifically for YOU? He is just waiting, ever so patiently for you to remember and to stop trying to solve all your problems on your own!!



"Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete"
John 16:24

1 comment: