Wednesday 27 May 2015

A bathing success!



In my last post, I talked about how I did a Frankincense bath for the girls in the hope it would help them "bond" better --namely, fight less in the bath! And I was amazed that it had been the longest bath they had ever had without a screaming match ensuing! Well...I had seen a recipe going around for a detox bath for kids which I really wanted to try- so I grabbed some Epsom salts and rounded up the rest of the ingredients and gave it a whirl!

Here's how it went:

Fill the bath with warm water (this was a NIGHTMARE for me on this particular day! It has been very overcast and rainy here so our hot water wasnt working! I may or may not have had to do multiple top ups with the kettle to get it to a nice warm temperature!) Add Epsom salts, bicarbonate soda, coconut oil and essential oils (check the link for the ratios according to your Childs weight). Plonk your kids in and let them at it! Now, I walked out of the room to pop the ingredients away and half expected to hear world war 3 erupt...but it was quite the opposite. The girls were super calm, talking to one another, sharing toys, helping each other. I honestly could not believe it. I videoed them laughing and playing and was just in awe.

Matt has been skeptical of the effects these oils can have, but this is only just one small example of how it has helped my girls. I have plenty of others to share! And perhaps it was just a coincidence, but if you knew my girls...you wouldn't be so quick to think that! 


 Keep an eye out tomorrow for a post on how I made a therapeutic batch of playdough for the girls!

Much Love
x

2 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff Danica! I will be very interested to hear about your recipes and anything you can reccomend to me. I know nothing about essential oils but I LOVE them - I have a burner at home that I use all the time but I only burn vanilla and sandlewood at the moment purely for the scent.

    Hey - I started a blog too - thanks for the push to get it going :) xx

    http://jehanneclemens.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome - Jeh, will check your blog out and follow you!

      I love my oils and would be happy to share all my knowledge with you. Ive done a fair bit of research on them before I went ahead and ordered them to make sure I was getting the best quality. What kind of burner do you have? I do know, that using a flame burner (tealight candle etc) are not recommended as they can change the chemical structure of the oil being diffused. Ive gone with the Aroma Bloom Diffuser, which retails for about $100 but diffuses for up to 8 hours and you pop the oil into water in the diffuser (so your oils last longer too) and wont change the properties of the oils as it is non-heating :)

      Vanilla and Sandlewood sound divine!

      x

      Delete