Tuesday 15 February 2011

Flat out...

This phrase just doesn’t even do justice to my past few weeks!
Uni has kicked back in, as of Monday! Its exciting, but right now is a lot on my plate! I am doing 2 units again this Semester, whilst working full-time in the City! BIG load...but I know ill be ok :) Work has also been flat out lately...a lot is going on in our little team which has been calling for me to work through my lunch breaks! Craziness...when I am usually so light on work! But, it is nice to have the day zoom by quickly in the office for a change!
I haven't even had time to think about updating my blog, and it has been a mission to sit down and actually spend some quiet time with Him, but I have managed to keep on top of that, which I am thankful for! Satan has been throwing everything possible in my direction to try and knock me off my feet and get me distracted and overwhelmed by everything, but I wont let him get a foothold of me anymore! Yesterday morning, I was doing really well with my time management. I was up, dressed and ready, dogs had been fed, kitchen cleaned and plants watered. It was 7:10am, and I usually leave by 7:30am, which meant I had 20 mins quiet time and I was off to work. I was just putting finishing touches on my hair when I spotted a spider, near my neck, under my dress! I flipped out! To make matters worse, the dress I had on was a button-up number with a little belt around it, making it very difficult to rip it off me in a quick manner! I stripped right down and was flailing my arms and legs everywhere - and thrashing my hair to make sure if that spider was still on me, it would have a difficult time hanging on! After checking that the spider was no longer on me, and wringing my clothes in my hands to make sure if it was still in there, it would be squished - the time was about 7:30am! The first thing that came to mind was, "I am not letting you take away my quiet time, just because of a spider...if that’s the worst you can do, try me!" Ha!
This verse gave me some strength to continue pushing through when times are tough and when I am running late and out of time for my quiet time! He always rewards me when I sit down and listen to Him, so I wont let Satan get ahead of me on this one!
Phillipians 3:12-14
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Much love

1 comment:

  1. Where are you my beautiful friend?? I love this post and I love you too xxx

    ReplyDelete