Sunday 27 February 2011



I cannot believe how quickly time slips by...we are almost in March and it has been awhile since my last blog...tut tut!

Since my last post, a lot has happened for us! I mentioned how God was teaching us the importance of tithing and being obedient, and so last week we took the plunge and restarted our tithings. The second it was done, I felt a weight lift off my shoulders...God is so good!

Leading up to that day, one thing after the next had been going wrong. Money was tight, unexpected bills aka: speeding fines :( had been coming in, plans we had made werent working out...it just seemed everything was crashing down around us. I felt this was the last straw and God just pleading with us to hand it all over to Him...they arent our finances to control, so to speak.

We have managed to get a budget underway (praise GOD!) as budgeting has been something we have struggled with understanding in the past. It has finally made sense to us both now and we have some really good boundaries set in place!

Some of the things we cut out of our budget for the short-term (to get on top of things) were clothing and alcohol (eg. wine and beer)! A few days after we begun tithing again, we had a little surprise delivery from our next door neighbours...completely out of the blue. At our door in a bag they had left us 15 bottles of white wine, of all different sorts! They no longer wanted them as they drink beer instead of wine....so they thought we would appreciate them more! DO we ever!!! :)

I also went to visit 2 of my gorgeous friends on Saturday and 1 of them had a whole bag of clothes she was about to throw away. She asked me to go through them, if I wanted, to take anything that I might like! We are the same size and the clothes are lovely - and such a blessing!!

We have been blessed financially as well which will mean that with a bit of extra work we should be able to enjoy our trip to the UK in May!!

I just know that our God is looking out for us! It is amazing how much He cares for us and our interests...He simply calls us to be obedient to His word and trust in His perfect plan!


Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.


1 comment: