Wednesday 14 March 2012

Autumn is here {we think}

So it finally seems as though Autumn has arrived here in Perth, Western Australia! We have had a long, hot summer, with some crazy storms and wet days in there too - but so far, Autumn for us has consisted of a rather long heat wave with temperatures getting up to 41 degrees!

This is no fun when you dont have air-con in your home! **Cue spending time at the folks house and hanging out at shopping centres to escape the heat!**

The heat has also meant i havent been brave enough to venture out for walks with Miss Placid in the pram. Also, partly due to the fact I have this fear that she will start a tanty when im a good 20 mins or so from getting back home!


Mr O finished his shifts yesterday so we decided we would take an evening stroll down to the park and see if we could get Miss Placid used to her pram again!

It was about a quarter to five. The sun was still up but a cool breeze was blowing. The leaves from all the gorgeous trees in our estate had started to turn brown and were lining the footpaths where we walked!


The colours that were out were amazing! I couldnt believe the bright green grass and the clear blue sky! Just amazing - God is amazing....


Simple pleasures like this seem to slow the pace of life down...just a little. Enough for us to pause and enjoy our little bundle of joy as she explored new scenery and views!


Miss Placid has been such a happy little bunny since we started her on formula. I didnt want to have to do it, but my milk supply had dropped so much I couldnt sustain her anymore. Im thankful I can still give her at least 1 feed in the morning from me....I cherish that time while it lasts!


Society for some reason seems to put breastfeeding on such a pedalstool..it almost seems frowned upon when people find out your baby is on formula.  I dont know why that is. I think, as long as your baby is healthy, thriving and happy - and you are as well, then it cant be such a bad thing!

She has certainly captured our hearts...

As Mr O and I spoke, we were even toyed with the idea of expanding our family of 3 to a family of 4....my oh my - we are obviously sleep deprived and delirious!


The cheeky monkey seemed to enjoy the pram ride, for the most part. She was throwing these cheeky smiles at me and giggling as we walked. She even fell asleep on the way back (dummyless!!).


Anyhow, I hope you are all having a wonderful week!! I am having a lazy day at home with Miss Placid today in preparation for our usual crazy, busy weekends!
Much love

Daughter of the King
x





1 comment:

  1. i know what you mean about the breast feeding issue, i had to put will onto formula when i got really ill with pneumonia and it was a big struggle for me to deal with that. breast is best but sometimes that is not an option for some women. i wish more people would be understanding and keep their opinions to themselves! i am glad she is being a happy little bundle of joy:)

    ReplyDelete