Thursday 8 March 2012


What a week it has been! Through the craziness and drama of it all, i have been reminded that God is good, He loves us, cares for us and knows what is best for us.

My little sister has had a tough week. She was involved in a car crash and also had a relationship that came to a close. She is ok, physically - apart from a couple of burns and bruises. But emotionally, she is drained. I received the call from her just as it had happened - she was hysterical and unsure what to do. I felt so helpless, living so far away! I wished I could just jump in my car and go and rescue her, but i couldnt. So i called our parents and luckily our dad was only a minute away and he found her quickly to help. 


It was a 3 car pile-up...airbags were all deployed and the car is likely a write-off.  But thankfully, her life isnt and she is ok.

Sometimes i wish i could wrap up my loved ones in cotton wool..to protect them from lifes dangers, hurts and pains. I wish i could prevent problems and heartaches before they arose and I wish i could make everything better again. I wish i could show them into the future to see that everything will work out just fine in the end.


I have the most beautiful family...we are not perfect, in any way shape or form. We have our fair share of trials and problems, and life hasnt always been kind to us. But...another thing i have learned this week is that your family are your best friends. They love you regardless...even though at times you think what they are doing to/for you is harsh -it is always because the love you. They are there for you always, even when your "friends" dont appear. And they have your back...110%!

my hottie parents!
my beautiful older sister, Rochelle
my stunning younger sister, Maddison
 Life is a story that is constantly being written by someone who always has our best interests at heart..even though we dont always see that. We very rarely know what the outcome of our story will be, though we often have a plan in our mind of what we want it to be. Sometimes, most of the time, it is not what He wants for us. And when it doesnt turn out our way...we hurt. We get upset and think life is just not fair anymore. We see everything as doom and gloom and find it hard to look for the positives in the situations.

But..i believe there are always positives to each negative.


 There is a reason everything happens the way it does...sometimes it just takes us awhile to see it. And that is perfectly ok.  It is ok to grieve what you thought was best for you...it is ok to cry and think 'woe was me' for a little while. But, the sun always comes up again and its a new day.

We only have limited time on this earth. We never know when our story will end. We shouldnt live our life in fear of that, but rather we should just simply LIVE our life. Each day is a blessing and a gift and we shouldnt spend it dwelling on the past...what could have been. Instead, we should embrace our days, grab them by the reins and soar forward - exploring new possibilities and having fun in the process. Life is MUCH too short to be sad.


Much love

3 comments:

  1. Dan I love your bogs sooo much!! Xxx ill be replying to your email later today too :) deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. you love my bogs...hehe thats pretty gross! ;) love ya hun
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful words of wisdom

    ReplyDelete