Thursday 1 March 2012

Five minute Friday: Ache

Linking up again with The Gypsy Mama with her 5 minute Fridays for a bit of fun!!

Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays. We write because we love words and the relief it is to just write them without worrying if they’re just right or not. So we take five minutes on Friday and write like we used to run when we were kids.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.


OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on: Ache



Being a first time mama, i have alot of aches. Physically...my bones and muscles ache! The hours spent rocking, cuddling and playing with Miss Placid are taking their toll on my weak frame! The hours spent on the floor, on this laptop, whilst she sleeps, just so i can be there when she stirs from a nap to help her back to sleep. These moments, precious....ache.

Another ache emotionally is my heart. It aches with so much abounding love for her. She has stolen my heart and holds it in her tiny little fingers and toes...dancing around with delight. She holds it in the way she smiles and coos at me, telling me how much she loves me im sure! She holds it with how forgiving she is when i constantly make mistakes as i stumble through figuring out what this whole 'parenting' thing is all about.

And i just know...im going to ache forever more. I have not known so much love as i have since Miss Placid entered the world. Soon she is going to grow up, and my heart will ache not wanting her to leave me, not wanting her to forget me as she starts out on her own journey of life.

Much love

Daughter of the King
x

5 comments:

  1. Visiting from The Gypsy Mama--and yes, as a first time mama, I'm getting to know that mother love ache also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely of you to stop by, Sophia!

    You kind of develop a love-hate relationship with that ache, dont you! Motherhood is a tough gig, but brings so much joy and love into our lives too!

    Will be popping by your blog in a minute!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...i remember a momma's ache...I wrote today about this same ache that fills a grandmother's heart...oh such love...blessings to you and your new little family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those early-mama aches, are some of the sweetest and hardest ever. My baby girl is almost 17 now. We're very close, but I also enjoy watching her grow and take flight as she tries new things. The fun and excitement, the aches and tears, it never ends, but it's a most amazing and beautiful journey.

    Praying for you as you begin your own sweet journey of motherhood. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ells and Denise for your thoughts and prayers :) Delilah is a little blessing and we are so thankful for her in our lives and looking forward to watching her grow up! Not too fast though ;)

    ReplyDelete