Monday 12 March 2012

Weekend in review!


Sooo far behind on my blogging - where are the days going! My oh my.....

I have got to get better at whipping out my camera to take shots of things! I think getting a nice new camera will do the trick there ;) Hoping to get a Canon this year! Cant wait! Anyhow...back on track - here was our weekend in pics!

Saturday saw Miss Placid and I just chilling out at home. We managed to get out to do some groceries (and escape our hot house!) for a few hours then we waited for Daddy to come home so we could walk 2 doors up to have dinner with some good friends!


I wish i had taken photos of all the delicious food we had! There was marinated lamb ribs, marinated chicken, steak, lamb on skewers, potato bake and salads! Yum! And for dessert there was mini raspberry pavlovas, coconut cake, macadamia and caramel tart and banana cake! DELISH!


Miss Placid and Ryder were very well behaved and slept in the theatre room - Ryder had his portacot, and we just wheeled Miss Placid's bassinet across the road! Would have been funny watching us carry her...asleep...in her bassinet back home across the road!


Matt had to work again on Sunday, and it was going to be a scorcher here in Perth - 41 degrees! So, we packed up the car and Miss Placid and I set off to spend the day (and night) at mum and dads house. Dad was in Rottnest for the day so it was just mum, my sisters, Miss Placid and I. We chilled out (literally in their Devine Aircon!) and went for a swim in the pool in the afternoon! The water was FREEZING - so i wasnt sure if Miss Placid would like it. She had been in a pool once before, but it was a heated pool. She actually seemed quite content in there with me (even after i dunked her face...accidentally...in the water!)



We had a mega pooplosion (wish i had caught it on camera) - which Miss Placid thought was hilarious! 

It....went....everywhere!! 

Had to bath her in the laundry sink just to clean her up! Crazy child... The rest of the evening consisted of us all enjoying dinner (yummy butter chicken mum whipped up in her thermomix....fancy!) and watching a movie together (just married - LOVE it!!) :)

Monday morning Miss Placid and I set off further North to catch up with a good friend, Leah, and her girls Coco and Savannah before heading back on the hour and a half trip home!

The weeks are just zooming past - this weekends 'weekend in review' will be here before i know it!

Hope you all had lovely weekends too and stayed cool! :)

Much love

Daughter of the King
x

No comments:

Post a Comment