Thursday 27 January 2011

A little routine...

The little antique writing desk we picked up off Gumtree has provided the much needed 'spriritual' kick in the butt we needed to get into a good routine of quiet time!

When I wake up, I make sure I spend some quiet time in His presence at my desk, reading His word and quieting my heart to hear what He has to say to me. I put on some worship songs and write down what I feel He has been telling me that morning. Then I leave the notepad and pen out for Matt when he gets home. He gets home a couple of hours before me, so then he sits down and does the same sort of process, leaving me with the notes of what he has learnt/been taught/heard that afternoon also.

We have struggled to get into a good routine for some time now - always having some excuse such as 'being too busy' to just sit down, stop and listen. It hasn’t been easy, some days I have been running REALLY late for work, and if I sit down for quiet time, I will definitely not make it to work on time! But...i bite my tongue (as its my fault for running late anyway), sit down and be diligent...and God blesses that. It always turns out that I am never late for work - somehow, time stops and I make it to work on time. God is so good!

So, I have learnt it is important to keep at it, persist and continue with your quiet time. God has been teaching both Matt and I a lot through this, and I have felt that He wanted us to get back in touch with Him, and make Him our number 1, before we are blessed with the things we so desire and want. If we get what we want too quickly, it is easy to lose sight of Him and get distracted by those things that we desire. For Matt and I, this is having our own little family. But God has been teaching us, to make Him our number one, and He will then give us the desires of our heart.

Much love


No comments:

Post a Comment