Sunday 16 January 2011

Love and Marriage

I just love LOVE...it gets me all giddy inside and makes me feel so happy!

I was the typical little girl who played with barbie dolls and knew all the words to all the disney princess movies! I would roller-skate down the street singing "Colours of the Wind" and would lie in the bath, swishing my hair around pretending to be Ariel singing, "Part of your world". I dreamed of a knight in shining armour who would whisk me away to our castle to live happily ever after [he came...and he conquered and we are living happily ever after...stay posted for that blog! ;)]. We have had our fairytale wedding, and now, I am so overjoyed when I hear of young ones falling in love and making a commitment to get married! Especially those lovely young couples who LOVE God and worship Him with their whole hearts and lives. Those couples that make a concious decision to stay pure and fight the good fight towards purity for their wedding day. Those couples like my good friends, who just got engaged 2 Friday's ago!

I met young Tracy through church and we have developed a strong friendship together over the last year or so. There are 4 years between us, but we would never know at all! We are studying the same degree together, which is something we help each other with and pray for each other about - which is just awesome [especially when you are doing it externally - its nice to have someone to nut things out with so you don’t feel so alone!] Tracy is a young lady whom I look up to - age is not a factor here at all! Her passion for God is awe-inspiring and her beautiful, gentle heart is something I aspire for. She has the time of day for anyone she meets and has a gift for speaking God's truth and peace. This woman, is going to do amazing things for God's kingdom!

Tracy met her knight in shining armour through church less than a year ago, and they have developed a wonderful, Godly, strong, pure relationship with one another, and have decided to take the step towards marriage! It is SO exciting and warms my heart! Their love story is quite similar to that of my husband and I - which makes it that little bit more beautiful and exciting! Ever since I discovered they were engaged, all these ideas pop into my mind, and I continue to send lengthy emails to Trace of ideas I have and things she could do to save money, but make the day a special one [I think I have missed my calling here - wedding planner much!?].

I cannot wait to see them glorify God when they walk down the aisle and confirm their vows before their loved ones and their creator. What a special day it is going to be, with lots of joy and tears I am sure! Marriage is a huge step, and can be a scary one too - fear of the unknown and feelings of helplessness as the crazy times of planning come upon you. There will also always be trials and tribulations along the way...but as long as God, the creator of life and love, is kept at the centre of that marriage union, you can overcome any mountain that comes your way.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Much love


No comments:

Post a Comment