Tuesday 18 January 2011

To be a light...



This is something I have heard many times before in church services, and I have even said about dear friends of mine. They are lights that shine Gods goodness, grace and love to others. Those people that exude His confidence and peace, and by simply being and walking alongside Him, others can feel and see there is something "different" about them.

I long to be a light. To indulge myself in His word and His purpose. To walk beside Him and listen to the things he is teaching me. I hear His voice all the time, and for that, I am so thankful. I am thankful I hear his gentle nudgings and His small voice speaking to my heart. It keeps me on the straight and narrow...it is the sole reason I am still worshipping Him today. The straight and narrow is certainly not an easy path to take - but then again, I have always loved a challenge. I don’t like things to be too easy, I get bored with easy. Perhaps this is just part of my personality...which, as I recently discovered, is extremely independent...but dependent at the same time. I am dependant on His love and trust.
There are many people in my life whom I know that have experienced extreme pain, loss and suffering. They walk their lives on a tight emotional string and no matter how much material things they have in their life, they never seem to be really happy and at peace. This is not to say that I am always happy and at peace myself, life is difficult and sometimes there are days when you just want to give up. But when you know the Father on an intimate level and walk alongside Him, you have a purpose and a reason to live. He gives you the strength to make it through those tough days, and He gives you the desire to want to keep on walking. If it weren't for God, I honestly don’t know where I would be. I don’t have an amazing "story" about my walk, but perhaps I will share it with you all sometime on here. I continually pray for those people in my life that one day, they will see that life is worth living, there is a purpose and it is not just meant to be about who makes the most money, who has the biggest house, or the best job, or who is going on the most amazing holiday, but rather we have an eternal life to look forward to that is going to be SO much more amazing, beautiful, bright, joyous and painless than what we could ever experience here on Earth, and He is the only one who can get you to that point.
So, for 2011, my prayer is for all those people who have friends, family and loved ones that are at this point in their lives, a point of feeling lost, and empty, that they will see your light shining bright and think "there is something different about them, and I want to find out what it is".
Much love


1 comment:

  1. You are so beautiful little Miss! And more of a light than you realise! Love your guts xx

    ReplyDelete