Saturday 15 January 2011

I Heart Gumtree...

So, I am still yet to actually step foot inside a second-hand shop [i need you all to tell me where the good ones are!]....but we have been using gumtree for quite some time now! It comes in handy to sell things you no longer want for some extra moolah...and i recently discovered it has a whole section dedicated to FREEBIES!

We randomly check gumtree every few days or so and keep an eye out for things that we may like or need....generally, Matt just thinks I am being a hoarder and that i have rocks in my head for wanting to buy all these things and then paint them white - but I have just been influenced by too many beautiful blogs and REALLY want it!

So, when I really want something, it usually happens [not all the time, but.....most of the time....and then Matt generally takes the credit for it!] I found this desk that had been posted as a freebie item today on gumtree! We need a new computer desk, and i think this will do the trick! It was first in best dressed, so the guy selling it said, so we jumped in a friends car (that has a towball) and took our little trailer down to collect it, hoping that no-one had beaten us to it!



I have convinced Matt that yes, it does need to be painted white and restored - so this is going to be my first makeover job!! I am so excited!!

AND....I have absolutely NO idea what I am doing!! But, that's all part of the fun, right?!

You can check out gumtree here!

P.S. - My mum gave me one of her old sewing machines yesterday too - so hopefully going to pick up another FREE sewing desk (from gumtree) tomorrow! It too....yes, will be painted white :)

P.P.S: excuse the bad photos - hubby was not impressed I was taking photos, whilst he was using it as a bench to cut some wood!!! haha!


Much love

5 comments:

  1. Danica that desk is great and will look so good in white. I paint most things white...just love it...but am yet to convince hubby on a few things that need the treatment. It is all in the prep...a good sand and primer works wonders.
    Good score on the sewing machine as well...won't be long before you are whipping up some handmade goodies.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Isn't gumtree fantastic? I got some old school desks (that are going to be painted white too!) and a few other lovely finds! Let me know how you go, I have a beautiful old kitchenette that needs a lick of paint, and I need some inspiration to start!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! i am addicted, just slightly! We just picked up my sewing desk too - its nothing fancy, or great but it will do just fine for now! :)

    Well, the desk is all sanded back (i did it myself with a sander) and have put the first coat of primer/undercoat on! Took AGES to do, and I am certainly no pro -but looking forward to how it all turns out!

    You will have to pop pics up of your kitchenette when it gets done!

    Have a great week!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must live under a rock.... I'd never heard of gumtree. I had a quick look, will go back when I have more time.
    Have you finished painting it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nikki!

    I will be putting up a pic real soon! I finished painting it on Wednesday actually...and got hubby to help me put it all back together with the drawers etc...and was DEVASTATED to see that they dont fit back in! I have painted the runners that they slide in on obviously a little too thick! Lol....i'm only learning!

    So...I will have to sand them back a little on the weekend! After it is up and running, the next step is to find some gorgeous wallpaper to line the drawers with!

    Ill keep you posted!
    x

    ReplyDelete