Monday 31 January 2011

Worthy?


Am I worthy? Do I know what I am speaking about? Can I help others? Who am I to believe I can? I cant even remember verses in the bible - how much of a "christian" does that make me?

I caught up with a beautiful young lady for a coffee last night, whom I havent spoken with or seen for some time. She is one of those kind-hearted, warm, gentle natured people who has such a passion and fervor for Christ, it is admiring! She reminded me of something I had said to her the last time we had caught up (a good 6 months or more earlier) about something I had on my heart to do. She wondered if I had done anything further about it, and the truth is, I hadnt. I had ignored God's voice because I didn’t think I was worthy. I wondered what people would think of me, if they would say "oh, she isnt entitled to do that", or "I cant believe she is doing this". I confessed to my husband even that I didn’t think I was good enough to go ahead with it.

But God promises that I am. He has called me by name and designed me for a purpose. He is just waiting for me to have the faith and courage to step out in that. There has been quite a few opportunities now that I have turned down for these same reasons, and that upsets me. I wish I had enough faith to leap out into it and glorify Him by doing it. I am thankful, though, that He hasn’t given up on me and He is still waiting, calling and nudging me to step out and trust in Him. It's funny how He tries to get our attention...

In Jeremiah chapter 1 this morning, I came across this powerful verse of encouragement. I hope that as you go through your week, in whatever you are faced with, that this might give you some comfort also. For when God calls us, we should answer and trust in His plan:


The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
"Alas, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am too young."
But the LORD said to me, "Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.


Much love

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how little we value ourselves and our abilities, how we always think there is someone more qualified, someone better for the "job" than ourselves? You aren't alone in feeling like you aren't worthy so many of us daughters of the King feel like this but isn't that the part we should be focusing on? The daughters of the King part? We are the Princesses of the Lord and through him, with him as our strength we can do all things. I pray that you find the strength to step out and follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danica your blog is awesome! I love your posts and are awesome :) The post are great and witty. I still standby what I said at our little catch up. I'm still praying that he will give you the strength and confidence to do what he had called you to do :)

    ReplyDelete